Monday, January 23, 2012

What did I get myself into?

I have been craving a project - not a craft project, but a life project.  And I made it very clear that I did NOT want a life-changing project (no babies, no natural disasters, no moving out of state).  So organizing the house seems like the best project for me.  It can be done in doors (since the weather is yucky) and it can be done with what I already have.  Now I want you to note the key word in the previous sentence: can.  Unfortunately I have already spent over $300 on this project that I started 2 days ago!!!  Ugh.

This is what I purchased: a bunk bed for the boys' room.  That means that the toys have to be picked up and taken to the playroom.  That means the books need a home other than the floor.  That means the crib and storage under it needs to disappear.  The rellocation of the toys is no big deal - I'm just glad it is finally happening after nagging my kids for months.  But the books are another problem.  Unless I want to throw them in a big plastic bin, I am going to have to buy some kind of shelving unit (or supplies to make one).

What did I get myself into?  And this is the smallest room in our house!  But at least I have a project...

What projects have you gotten yourself into lately?  Post a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment