Friday, February 24, 2012

The Sky's the Limit

Another day another project.  Today's project makes me feel doubly good because I actually finished it and it is for VBS.  My church's VBS theme this year is Sky: Everything is Possible with God.  For those of you not familiar with Vacation Bible School, there is always a mission project for the kids to focus on over the week.  The year's mission is to collect donations for mosquito nets (you can read more about it on Group's website).  Every time a child brings in a donation, they get to put a mosquito clip on the netting display.  These clips, although cute, can get a little pricey.  So here is what I came up with:


The church had a plastic bin full of mini-clothespins (which translates to free) and I have the Campin' Critters Cricut cartridge, so I volunteered to cut out these cute little flies to make our own bug clips for our mission display.  And another bonus: the older youth at the church will be doing all the gluing!

This would also be a fun craft for the little ones - imagine all the places they could use these!

No comments:

Post a Comment