Monday, February 6, 2012

I am so proud

I think most boys go through a comic book phase.  I think this has been happening for many years, and that it will continue for generations.  My oldest is currently embracing this phase of his life. 

Now, don't be confused by the title of my post today.  Coveting comics is not something that would make a momma proud.  But I am completely in awe of my child's devotion to comics as an art form.  He loves the character development, he loves the relationships, he loves the action, he loves the art work, he loves the witty banter between characters, and he loves that absolutely anything is possible in the realm of comic books.  He asked for (and received) a comic book kit based on one of his favorite animated characters.  But in just one afternoon he realized that this kit was holding him back.  I saw the creative wheels spinning in his little head.  He needed more that what was being given to him.  So he sat down with a blank piece of paper and a black pen and started to create. 

Now this is his work in progress.  I am not privy to any dialogue or additional illustrations.  He has informed me that he will suprise me when he is done.
I can't wait to see what he comes up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment