Sunday, July 15, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake Cookies!

I am completely in love with cupcake cookies!  I haven't made these for years, and I really can't remember why.  These will definitely be going to school with my boys on their birthdays this year. 

I recently re-discovered these delicious bits of yumminess when I was searching for a birthday treat that could withstand the heat of summer.  Cupcakes tend to melt on me.  My first batch was Funfetti Cupcake Cookies.  Those went over so well, that I grabbed another box of cake mix from the pantry to make Strawberry Shortcake Cookies!


Aren't they cute!  They hold their shape while they bake - I may try shapes with the next batch.


And what cake would be complete without icing???


And without further ado, here is the recipe:
1 box of your favorite cake mix - any flavor, any brand
2 cups of softened butter
2 3/4 cups of flour
mix until completely blended, scoop onto baking sheet, bake 10-12minutes at 350 degrees 
Warning: one box of cake mix will make about 6 dozen cookies (and you will eat about half of them before they are done cooling)!

No comments:

Post a Comment