Sunday, July 29, 2012

Matching Mickey Shirts

I was flipping through some family vacation photos from last year and I was gushing over how cute my boys are when they are dressed alike! 


Then I realized that I started my blog after I had created these matching Mickey Mouse shirts for our trip to Disney.  And I do have to share because they were incredibly easy to make. 

1. Buy a solid color t-shirt (or as many as you need).
2. Buy t-shirt paint in colors of your choice (I went with red and black - traditional Mickey colors).  Make sure you get opaque colors because the irridecent doesn't show as nicely.
3. Use one cupcake liner and two mini-cupcake liners to make your Mickey Mouse template.  Place your template on your first shirt.
4. Squeeze your base color t-shirt paint in a thin line all the way around the template.  Remove the template and use a dry flat paint brush (mine was about 1/2 an inch wide) to fan the paint outward.
5. Once the first color is dry, repeat with additional accent colors.


It is incredibly difficult for me to find matching shirts in all 3 of my boys' sizes - making t-shirts is always an easy and inexpensive way for me to get those cute pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment