Saturday, January 5, 2013

the little things

So I decided that I dislike resolutions many years ago, but I do still set goals for myself. As a matter of fact, I set them quite frequently. And you know what I always seem to focus on? The big stuff. The huge projects that truly should be about 5 or 6 things on the list instead of just one. And nothing ever seems to get completely finished and I feel that I have failed to meet my goals. 

We often say, or hear others say, that it is the little things that make the biggest difference. So my current goal is to focus on all those little things that I have pushed behind the all-important big items on my lists.  For example: today I finally cleaned the old toaster oven and put it in storage in the basement.  It has been sitting for 6 months on my kitchen counter, unplugged and unused. I cannot begin to tell you the sense of accomplishment I feel when I walk in my kitchen and there is clear counter space! This was one of the many things that previously was lumped into "finish the kitchen" on my list.

"What's next," you ask? Well, I don't know... maybe I'll dare to find a storage space for my baking sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment